by Sharman J. Monroe
While I was waiting to hear the weather report on the news (that’s the only thing I have it on for by the way), I heard a story that caught my attention so I sat down to watch. It’s a new campaign by Always called #LikeAGirl. The purpose of the campaign is to make people aware that using the phrase “like a girl” as in “you throw like a girl” is an insult and has a huge impact on an adolescent girl’s self-confidence. I applaud the campaign! However, the need for the campaign shows that more and more people are buying into the world’s view of the men and women, which is breeds negativity and dissatisfaction, instead of God’s view of men and women, which breeds peace and contentment.
God says you are:
1. You are good (Genesis 1:31)
2. You are whole and complete in Christ, lacking nothing. (James 1:4)
3. You have all power of Satan (Luke 10:18-19)
4. You are righteous through your faith in Jesus Christ (Roman 3:21-26)
5. You are not condemned (Romans 8:1)
6. You are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God has already prepared you to do. (Ephesians 2:10)
7. You are the apple of God’s eye. (Deuteronomy 32:10)
8. You have self-control. (2 Timothy 1:7)
None of these scripture are customized with the phrase, “only for man” or “only for woman”. In the beginning, God created both man and woman in His image and gave them the same job description (Genesis 1:26-28); He didn’t differentiate between the two sexes. He gives eternal life to “whosoever” believes in Jesus Christ (John 3:16).
For peace and contentment with ourselves, we need to heed the words of Colossians 2:8 (AMP):
See to it that no one carries you off as spoil or makes you yourselves captive by his so-called philosophy and intellectualism and vain deceit (idle fancies and plain nonsense), following human tradition (men’s ideas of the material rather than the spiritual world), just crude notions following the rudimentary and elemental teachings of the universe and disregarding [the teachings of] Christ (the Messiah).
In case you haven’t seen the #LikeAGirl video, here it is: